Monday, September 10, 2012

Getting the kids out the door for school...

If I am not up a full hour before my kids wake up and have read my bible and drank some coffee I am just not prepared to handle my two willful daughters.  And now I have an "adopted" neighbor son who lives across the street that I am carpooling to school.  Carpooling of course means I drive him every day, but I digress.   It was kind of nice today as my 16 year old was tearing me down this morning that this boy came to my defense.  He told her in his own middleschool fashion that she was being rude and didn't even deserve a ride to school if she was going to have a bad attitude.  At that moment, I just sort of SNAPPED awake at the wheel.

I took a quick left down a sidestreet and told Princess "Im all that" to get out of my car and walk the rest of the way.  No concern that she had a full backpack and a volleyball duffle bag.  It happened so quickly and with so much finesse, that even her Royal Highness was impressed enough to smile.   Or maybe that was because there were classmate pedestrians watching hmmmm.....?  Heaven forbid that she look like she isn't totally in control.

I called out to her "I love you, you ungrateful whelp!"  and drove away.  But not before a full onslaught of a game of gladiator ensued over the position of shotgun with the other two remaining passengers as contestants.  (See photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment